Tuesday, 28 January 2014

My Fabric Stash and Organisation.




This is where I keep my fabric stash. Got this drawers from IKEA and each fabric box has quite a big capacity for the fabric, I make sure that I fold them and stuff them into the box. The fabrics are sorted into fabric types. Each cabinet is made up of four drawers so this is basically four cabinets together.
I decided to go for small cabinets this gives me the flexibility to move them to other rooms or rearrange them as I please.

Cross section  of fabric.





 I still have other fabrics laying in boxes. So ashamed of the quantity of fabric I have. Hoping I can destash instead of going on fabric shopping, which I find therapeutic!!  :(

Hope this gives you an idea for fabric storage.
Regards.




4 comments:

  1. Great minds think alike! I just put my 9-cube shelf together (ala Target) and stuffed my fabric into the bins!!!!! The only problem is my cat took a liking to one of the draws and began clawing it!!!!!! I think I'm going to make a curtain out of oilskin to drape over the front to prevent her from scratching!!!! You can get so much into those bins!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol. Your cat makes me laugh. I have also actually thought of covering the whole cabinet with a fabric curtain. This is because the cabinet is not exactly located in a live-in area so am thinking dust might settle on the fabrics over time.... hopefully I'll get to fabric first before the dust!!!

      Delete
  2. May I come shop in your stash! Beautiful fabrics! And I love those square's instead of the standard rectangle shelving!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I wish!! Once gave my sewing friend a birthday gift of shopping my stash and as she picked the fabrics I held my breath!! ha ha, it was so funny. "Beautiful fabrics" that's exactly the problem why I keep buying. Thanks for your comment Ashley

      Delete

I would love to hear from you, Please leave a message, Thanks