Monday, 3 February 2014

Bow Bubble Dress



Made this in December and thought it could very much fill in for Project run and play signature style look.
What is my style? Its simple,elegant and unique.
This brown taffeta circle print fabric is of a nice weight and was given to me by my beautiful sister-in-law, it screamed 'Make me simple' So I decided to make a simple fully lined bubble dress and add something unique, which I would say on this occasion is the bow on one shoulder.
I used simplicity 6309 for the top bodice, just a basic  bodice made it in a size 4 years and used a 60" long rectangle for the skirt.





Bow with pearl iron-on detail.
The circles on this fabric has a velvet feel to it so I used velvet fabric to make the bow. Did this by using one big rectangle fabric for the bow and one tiny rectangle of the middle strip. Firstly I ironed on the pearls to the middle strip, then attached it to the big rectangle by hand sewing, then I hand sewed the bow to the dress. 



Can you spot the future designer???






Thanks for coming around.
Regards.



23 comments:

  1. Very pretty!
    http://xoxograndma.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pretty and chic! She looks like little Michelle Obama;) (hope you take it as a compliment, I´m just silly foreigner and don´t know whether this is a nice thing to say, but I love the way she dresses)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Daughter of a president!! Thats a compliment. Thanks Kirsi. My girls have got taste, they want to 'dress up' even when a home.

      Delete
  3. Lovely dress! Great style you have...and looks like you have cute model and a future designer in the house!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes Annie, I would love one or maybe two designers to continue from where mummy stops! Thanks for your comment

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. Thanks Paisley, the girls think so too.

      Delete
  5. Auuughh.....we are such the suckers for bubble dresses!! So striking!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I love bubble dresses myself. Feel like making a bunch more. :)

      Delete
  6. So striking! The bow is the perfect embellishment and your daughter looks like she loves the dress. It fits her beautifully, by the way!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Karen, the bow is my best part, plus the pattern on the fabric.

      Delete
  7. This is so pretty (as is your girl) and I can just feel the velvet through the screen. Great job.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ajaire, I love the velvet myself. The colour in this velvet seems to 'bleed' though si I had to wash it like 10 times before attaching it to the dress. I have washed it after that and it turned out fine.

      Delete
  8. Yes its simple but classy and unique. love it. I guess the young designer measuring the mannequin gave the design its wow factor. :)
    http://joysew.wordpress.com/tips/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. Wish I could say the young designer did it, but not just yet. it's only a matter of time though as they are picking things up really fast.

      Delete
  9. Replies
    1. Thanks. Fabric is from my very stylish sister-in-law. :)

      Delete
  10. It's perfect! And the best part is, she looms SO proud of it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmmm, I dont know any two people that like to 'dress up' like my girls.

      Delete
  11. Adorable!!! The dress, the fabric, and your little girl...all adorable!-liZ

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Liz, its nice when everything works together.....

      Delete
  12. The dress is lovely, as is your model! Great choice of pattern for the fabric.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you, Please leave a message, Thanks